[SLUG] LONESTAR

Mark Feather akwe-xavante at firenet.uk.com
Sat Jul 26 07:12:01 BST 2003

Lonestar can be found at http://sdf.lonestar.org and you can Ssh or telnet
into the same address and open an account. Your account is left open for X
amount of time for you to send a payment of $1, It has many of its features
locked at this stage and you get 10MB of space to play with and mail and a
few more things too.

If you want 300MB of space, perl, php, cgi, and more....................for
$36 you get the lot for life! that's right life its a one off payment only
too.   OK you are encouraged to make other voluntary donations,
contributions, so ok £20 a year sounds incredible value to me (my choice).

They have been around since 1980 something so there not just getting going
and its run by mostly volunteers etc.

It does go down on an odd occasion but hey so does everybody else's! and Its
all running on old kit and equipment.

Check it out