[SLUG] X Windows

Adams, Jamie Jamie.Adams at homegroup.org.uk
Fri Mar 14 14:46:00 GMT 2003

Not sure what this is. You might want to comment this out of your config
file then see what X spits out in the log file once its done. Usually
there is a load of information about loading mouse and keyboard drivers.

> (EE) Problem parsing the config file
> (EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
>
> I will try adding "vga=791" (1024x768) to the first line of
> /etc/X11/XF86Config later tonight and see what happens!

Best make a bootdisk before you do (if the suse install cd doesn't act
as a rescue disk as well). Just in case it goes awry. :)

> Mark

> http://www.star.net.uk

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

http://www.star.net.uk