[SLUG] Trimming replies!

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Wed May 7 12:10:01 BST 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003 09:14:44 +0100
Adams, Jamie wrote:

> > Consider your legs slapped Jamie!! ;)
>
> Sorry!

Hi Jamie,

Please don't think I going to be a list-admin Nazi.  But I've just unsubscribed from an outdoor activities list because they have no idea of netiquette.  Last week I received one unsolicited mail with over a Mb of images attached.  The final straw was a mail that several people had simply clicked on 'reply' even though the subjects were unrelated rather than start fresh threads.  The last post having added "Nice one ;)" to a mail of about 750Kb!  Idiots!

Not that I've seen such poor behaviour from anyone here.  I just want to keep things running smoothly.

Maybe another section for the website?  How to post to a mailing list!

Mandrake 9
Fluxbox 0.1.14
Kernal 2.4.19-16mdk           Registered Linux User: 290080