[SLUG] HTTPD IP address ranges

Mark Feather akwe-xavante at firenet.uk.com
Sun Nov 23 21:29:19 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am wanting to restrict visitors to a web Server, ensuring that any
visitors IP address must start with a specific address range for example
208.149.  This restricts the visitors ip range from 208.149.0.0 to
208.149.255.255.

I have successfully done this for my ftp daemon therefore restricting access
but how do i restrict access to the http daemon so that visitors wishing to
browse any pages hosted by the Web Server must have a specific ip address
range before being allowed access.    I have searched without any joy, does
anybody have any thoughts or ideas?

Mark Feather