[SLUG] [[Lug-listowners] Bulk list subscription]

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sat Oct 25 10:31:59 BST 2003

Hi folks,

I've just received this from Alasdair.

----- Forwarded message from Alasdair G Kergon <agk at lug.org.uk> -----

From: Alasdair G Kergon <agk at lug.org.uk>
	<lug-listowners at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:58:12 +0100

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 09:24:13PM +0100, Schwuk wrote:
> linux-research at mccmedia.com has been successfully subscribed to
> Cumbria.

I have removed this address from 23 lists.
And group-arch at kolbsoft.com from 63 lists.

I regard this as a misuse of the mailing lists and believe these
companies should have asked permission before subscribing.

Feel free to resubscribe them if you disagree with me, but I ask that
you inform your list members first, to give them the opportunity to
object or to add disclaimers/copyright reminders to their messages.

Alasdair

----- End forwarded message -----

As you can see, he's been fending off some bulk mail.  If enough of you
feel that you'd like to receive this then I can subscribe the list.  It
wouldn't be my personal choice, but hey! I'm trying to be democratic.

Let me know what you think?

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
				http://counter.li.org