[SLUG] Thinking hats on..

Jamie adamsj at sdf-eu.org
Tue Sep 16 23:39:01 BST 2003

Hi all,

All the discussion we have had about the website recently has made me
think about the objectives that we set when I 'retired'. Actually,
objectives is probably the wrong word, 'tasks' would be more
appropriate.

As I remember we split the job up into a number of separate job's, each
being a different persons responsibility. Although most of us know who
does what, there have been a few new additions to the group who will not
know. As far as I am aware it currently goes something like this:

	Al	= Mailing List
	Chris 	= Meetings
	Ian	= Website (though this is going to Gav right?)

The contact page at the moment sends emails to an address that is no
longer in use. Maybe the contact box could be removed and replaced with
a list of contact's similar to the one above, with a person nominated
for general lug inquiries.

There was going to be a Marketing/Promotion guy too but he never
appeared after drunkenly volunteering. One of a LUG's core aims is to
promote the use of, or educate on the use of Linux / Open Source based
products in the local community. Word of mouth and the odd newspaper
article has served us well in the past but the fact is that there are
probably lots of Linux users out there who simply do not know that we
are here. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can widen awareness?

Just some thought's. If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions,
related or not, on how we can improve the lug, now would be a good time
to get them out. (actually, anytime is a good time; just that this way
we keep them in a thread :)

        adamsj at sdf-eu.org
  SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System
ICQ: 140365501 | Linux User: #314423