[SLUG] Slug Webshite

Adams, Jamie Jamie.Adams at homegroup.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 13:35:22 BST 2003

> Jamie
>
> Are you living in an alternate reality?

Not all of the time :)

> 	"You were not prepared to maintain the site unless it was CMS
> driven, therefore Gavin agreed to take over the job. We 	all
> appreciate the work you have done."
>
> This statement is completely unfounded and can only be
> regarded as your
> own personal opinion, I am prepared to maintain the website (and have
> done) irrespective of it being manual, database or CMS. My stance was
> that it will be a better solution to use what tools are available.

Sorry, that was the way I understood it. I guess we should start taking
notes at the meetings? Another reason I believed this to be true was
this:

*>> 	Ian	= Website (though this is going to Gav right?)
*> Looks like I am sacked then?
*> Hooray - more quality time to play Baldurs Gate :)

And also from the email I recived back from you when I asked for some
changes to be done to the site.

> 	"I have asked you to send the passwords to him and he has
> expressed his desire to get started on the site, as he has 	stated
> on the mailing list."
>
> To the best of my knowledge no such a request has been made
> to me, if it
> had the details would have been given to Gavin.

I asked for these in my response to your email last week.

> Clearly I am missing the point of the SLUG website, to get on with it
> and make it useful; or is it to play games and bugger about? Not to
> worry, if this is how it is then I am glad to be sacked and I'll have
> more time to concentrate on my current illnesses.
>
> When I find all the details I'll send them to Gavin, or at least I'll
> have a go as no direct email address has been provided by yourself.

You have not been 'sacked' Ian. As far as I remember it Gavin had said
at the meeting that he was willing to work on the site were as you were
not so keen if it was not CMS driven. I did ask you to get on with some
stuff Ian, and I recived a rather rude reply.

I am not playing games, simply stating the facts as I saw them. Gavin is
willing to start work on the site now, where's the problem?

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

http://www.star.net.uk