[SLUG] Sleeping users

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Thu Apr 8 02:44:47 BST 2004

Ian Eade @ IGM wrote:

>Why is it that people join the scarboroughlug irc channel and do not
>actually participate, they just log in sometime after 7PM and don't
>respond to any other users

Sorry about that Ian, I was away eating supper, if you do a /whois <nick>, you can see their /away message. ie, mine would have said

/whois gbaker
02:21 -!-  away     : back soon

There was quite a bit of participation though, see
http://scarborough.lug.org.uk/irc/

You joined at 11:10, everyone else left at about 10:50 :(

>Maybe I could buy another computer, log in twice and then talk to
>myself?

Carl did that!

22:05 < Carl> Hello webcarl
22:05 < webcarl> Hello carl
22:05 < al21> webcarl: You know Carl thats the first sign of madness. ;)
22:06 < Carl> He started it

:)

Gav