[SLUG] Sendmail Configuration

Paul Teasdale pdt at rcsuk.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 20:46:10 BST 2004

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of trying to setup sendmail and have hit a small problem.
I have created a sendmail.mc file with the following lines:

<SNIP>
DEFINE(SMART_HOST, `post.demon.co.uk')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`username.fsnet.co.uk')dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
<SNIP>

This works absolutely fine and changes my private linet.home domain to
username.fsnet.co.uk on any outgoing e-mails. I can prove this by sending an
e-mail from my demon account to my freeserve account and vice versa; I
receive it perfectly and all headers have been changed correctly.

When I switch the statement around to make the mail headers appear as if they
have been sent by my demon account, ie:

<SNIP>
DEFINE(SMART_HOST, `post.demon.co.uk')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`username.demon.co.uk')dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
<SNIP>

I receive absolutely nothing.

Have you any ideas as to why I can masquerade my mail headers for my freeserve
address and but when I masquerade my headers for my demon address I get
nothing.

Please note that in both cases I use the demon smart host so that my demon
account will correctly relay my mail in both cases.

Thanks,

Paul.

BTW. I am away until Friday so I won't be on IRC tommorow night; (stop
cheering, I can hear you ;)

--
Linux User #351704 (http://counter.li.org)
Scarborough LUG Member (http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk)