[SLUG] Starting Fluxbox with the slit

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sat Aug 14 10:02:44 BST 2004

Hi folks,

This is for Fintan, but thought it might interest others too.

At the meet on Tuesday Fintan asked how you start Fluxbox with apps
sitting in the slit.  I've not used the slit since Debian became my main
distro, but I still have a disk with Mandrake running on it and this is
how I use the slit with Gkrellm there.

This file is .xinitrc which is in my $HOME directory.

/******************************** Start *******************************

#!/bin/sh

#start gkrellm
gkrellm -w &

#start fluxbox
exec /usr/local/bin/fluxbox

 Although, having said that, I use .xsession on Debian to start a couple
 of aterm sessions automatically.  I guess it depends on your distro as
 to which file should be used. :)

 HTH

Al Girling
Linux User: #290080            <http://counter.li.org>