[SLUG] stuck on windows now!

Jamie Adams adamsj at sdf-eu.org
Fri Feb 6 23:17:27 GMT 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 fgaughan at talk21.com wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:17:22 GMT+00:00
> From: fgaughan at talk21.com
> To: scarborough at mailman.lug.org.uk
> Subject: [SLUG] stuck on windows now!
>

> hello all
> no luck on google as i cant understand it all
> what i did was to get to my windows partition suscessfully
> all went well till doday cannot boot in to fedora core 1
>
> error message was
> the superblock could not be read or does not describe the correct ext2
>
> i did e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda2

Is there any history to this problem, or did it just suddenly occur after a
reboot? Have you done any partitioning recently for example?

Whats the output from e2fsck /dev/hda2?

Does dmesg give anything away? ie: 'dmesg | tail -60'

There is a link on this page:
http://www.linux.net.nz/lists/WAILUG/2003/01/0003.html that leads to script that
will rebuild the superblock. I have never tried this though, so don't know what
the risks are to your data.

> so i am writing this from windows

See, it does have uses after all!

> fintan