[SLUG] mutt again

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Wed Feb 18 14:16:32 GMT 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:15:37PM +0000, jamie wrote:

> > i have added the this
> >
> > poll in.talk21.com protocol pop3 username "fgaughan" password "xxxxx" is
> > mylocaluser  here
> > mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
> > set daemon 240
> >
> > nothing seem to happen
> >
> > so where am i doing wrong?
> >
> > fintan
>
> I'm sure someone will answer your question properly, but for a quick
> and easy fix you could try downloading 'fetchmailconf'. It's a
> graphical configuration utility. It's always worked for me.

Hi Fintan,

To receive mail from multiple mail accounts using fetchmail you need to
have an entry for every account as in the example below;

-------------------------------------

# This is my .fetchmailrc file.

poll "server.name"
protocol pop3
username "username"
password "********"
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"

poll "server.name"
protocol pop3
username "username"
password "********"
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"

poll "server.name"
protocol pop3
username "username"
password "********"
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"

This is how mine is used to collect mail from three accounts and works
fine.  However, you will find it best to start using fetchmail from the
command line and slowly building all your options and requirements for
the script you will finally use every day.

Try this;

$ fetchmail -k -u fgaughan in.talk21.com

This should connect you to your mail server "in.talk21.com" as
"fgaugen".  The "-k" option will keep any mail on the server in case
something goes wrong and your mail goes missing!  You will be prompted
for a password, after this has been accepted any waiting mail will be
delivered to your local machine.

Start with this and let us know how you get on.

Speak to you this evening.

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
				http://counter.li.org