[SLUG] Why i started using mutt

Jamie Adams adamsj at sdf-eu.org
Sat Jan 24 23:51:59 GMT 2004

> The reason i started using mutt because i saw Al Girling use it at the SLUG
> meeting <where were the rest of you?>
>
> i had tried using mutt months ago but gave up as i couldn't get some of the
> things to work but seeing Al go through it quickly and having it tailored the
> way he likes it ...ignited my interest with mutt again

Mutt is, without doubt, the king of email clients. It can be tailered to do
pretty much anything you could want an email client to do. The only bad things
I could say bad about it, from my point of view anyway, is the poor pop/imap
support and the initial learning curve. I used to use Mutt exclusivly, until I
forgot to backup my muttrc when reinstalling. I just haven't had the inclination
to go through the setup again (yet).

Jamie

        adamsj at sdf-eu.org
  SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System