[SLUG] July Meeting

Ian Eade at IGM Web Design ieade at igmwebdesign.info
Mon Jul 19 10:33:32 BST 2004

I suppose its time to try the obvious, why doesn't each of the 30 or so
members of this list compile a list of  things they would like to
try/learn/achieve with regards to Linux/Open Source? Then identify the
common threads and work out how they could be achieved? Depending on the
issue and the circumstances this could be accomplished with a meeting at
the Cask, an IRC session, a formal presentation somewhere or even a home
visit by a member who knows how to address the issue to the home of the
member who raised it in the first place. The end result would be a
meeting of more members, an increase in knowledge and understanding and
a positive stride forward in the Linux/Open Source community for the
Scarborough area. Naturally over time all raised issues can be addressed
but the common ones would be a good starting place.

I for one will personally call round and shout about PHP and the like
for hours on end, or at least until the free lager runs out! Bearing in
mind that I don't have to travel 40 miles to do so, congratulations to
those who do travel to attend and shame on you harlots who live within
pithing distance of the Cask and prefer to remain at home complaining
about apathy and the lack of attendance whilst brewing your cocoa and
complaining about the price of coal.

There shall be pain in the name of progression, but its better than the
alternative

My current issue is to remove my winmode, install a serial modem and get
Linux online

Ian

Ps
I was unable able to attend the last meeting as that week I had 2 job
interviews, a University Graduation ceremony and 8,800 web pages to
upload, am I excused?

---