[SLUG] Computer fair and Infopoint

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Thu Jun 3 15:33:08 BST 2004

Hi folks,

Apologise if you've already received a similar message from this list as
I've been messing about with exim so my mail has been a little strange
lately.

It's been mentioned several times in the past that going to a computer
fair as a group might be a good SLUG activity.  Well, on the 19th July
at Willerby Manor Hotel Well Lane, Willerby, Hull, HU10 6ER, from  5pm
to 9pm is the date and venue for a reasonably close fair.  Also, it's
the venue for an infopoint stall being run jointly by Beverley and Hull
LUGs.  Infopoint is a project run by Jono Bacon to promote OSS at fairs
on free stalls.  I believe this would be an ideal opportunity to see how
something, which is essentially very similar to our proposed SFD stall,
should be set up and run.  It's a good chance to meet up with members
from other local LUGs as well as a chance to maybe get a bargain.

More information for infopoint from;
http://www.beverley.lug.org.uk/infopoint.shtml
http://www.jonobacon.org/infopoint/events.php

I hope to go, is anyone else interested?

Al Girling
Linux User: #290080            <http://counter.li.org>
Scarborough Linux User Group   <http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk>