[SLUG] Some ideas for the SLUG website

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Thu Mar 18 22:54:48 GMT 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:52:46AM +0000, Jamie Adams wrote:
[...]
> The site now is completely CSS based for layout which reduces the
> amount of html and makes simple changes to layout easy. If anyone else
> really did need to add content to the site, there is a blank tempate
> which just needs the content adding. A basic knowledge of html is all
> that is needed. Truthfully though, if someone wants to send in
> content, all they have to do is send it as a plain text file and I
> will add it to the template. A five minute job at the most. There
> really isn't that much donkey work to take away.

As far I'm concerned this fulfils the requirements for the website.
I'm pleased that most of the items that have been waiting for so long to
be included are finally available on the site:

Link to the mailing list archives.
List guidelines.
Updated list of available CDs.
Tutorials and articles brought from the old Wiki to the main site.

Also, the last change to be made was in response to comments from me.
Namely to ensure the site rendered well on lower resolution screens and
to make a feature from the Firefox browser work by using text links
instead of graphical ones.

> And, I think the website is a minor issue for now until we sort out
> the bigger things.. meetings, venue etc.

I agree!  We now have an up to date fully functioning site where new
material will be added with little delay and requests have been also
been dealt with promptly.

Let us now concentrate on more important issues.

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
				http://counter.li.org