[SLUG] Next Meeting

Al Girling al at sdf-eu.org
Tue Mar 30 23:34:24 BST 2004

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:33:48PM +0100, Ian Eade @ IGM wrote:

> > Sounds like a good idea to me.
> >
> > In the interest of raising awareness of OSS in the area I've
> > put together this as a starting point for a poster.
> >
> http://al.sdf-eu.org/tmp/poster.pdf

[...]
> Looks good Al
>
> A couple of things:
>
> 1. Goverments - Governments

Well spotted Ian.  Note to self - must use spoll chucker!

> 2. ... for free - implying that it is financially free whereas it is
> intellectually free and typically gratis (financially free). In the
> context of OSS free and gratis hold two distinct meanings. Maybe:
>
> You too could be using the gratis software used by Governments, Schools,
> NASA, ISP's etc

Fair point, but I was aiming for maximum impact with as few words as possible.
Free tends to grab peoples attention more than gratis.  But as I said before,
this is only a starting point.

Thanks for the feed-back.

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
				http://counter.li.org