[SLUG] Next Meeting

Mark Gates mark at fileyschool.com
Wed Mar 31 13:23:40 BST 2004

-----Original Message-----

Looks good Al

A couple of things:

1. Goverments - Governments
2. ... for free - implying that it is financially free whereas it is
intellectually free and typically gratis (financially free). In the
context of OSS free and gratis hold two distinct meanings. Maybe:

You too could be using the gratis software used by Governments, Schools,
NASA, ISP's etc

Ian
---

Hi all,

I'm new to this newsgroup format/procedure so please don't shout at me if I
get the format wrong.

Just a quick word on the poster idea. I think the original "free" wording is
better from a "lay-persons" point of view. If the point of the poster is to
attract people then I can't think of a better word than free. Call me thick
if you like but in my mind "gratis" has to be translated to "free", "free"
is already "free".

Mark Gates
(getting ready to pack his bags)