[SLUG] second hard disc not showing

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 06:36:45 GMT 2004

Hi

The system on which I've just moved to RH9 has two hard drives, the one
with RH9 on, and one that used to be used for data. If I use a Win boot
disc I can see the data disc, but Linux doesn't seem to have mounted it.

It's a new disc, I think I would have chosen a disc format that Linux
would read, so any clues how to check what's happening.

I spotted, in the startup, that it sees both discs. But if I ls /mnt it
shows two CDs, a floppy and a zip drive.

Does the second disc appear in /mnt, or am I just looking in completely
the wrong place?

Cheers