[SLUG] Sound card

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 15:44:34 GMT 2004

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:22:14 -0500 (EST), john at johnallsopp.co.uk
> <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi y'all again again
>>
>> Last one of the morning. My RH9 won't detect my soundcard correctly.
>> It's
>> an E-MU, and RH9 thinks it's something from Creative. There's no sound
>> from it.
>
> I hate to ask, but it's not on mute by any chance is it?

Is what on mute? Where's mute? Oh, I found 'volume control' but it said
"unable to run correctly", "unable to open audio device '/dev/mixer'.
Please check you have permission .. and that you have sound support in
your kernel".

The other possibility is that I'm going out to a hi-fi amp, and something
may be awry there but I have checked everything.

Cheers