[SLUG] Sound card

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:20:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:55:59 -0500 (EST), john at johnallsopp.co.uk
<john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
> > Have you tried putting on odd socks
>
> Always, this is the first time it's failed for me.
>
> I'm going to ask E-MU what they think.
>
> I can see that I may have to search the web for a driver, but my question
> for the group is .. I can't see where I can get to change any of the audio
> settings, it's just an audio card sensing thing which fails. I guess when
> I find stuff on the web for it, it'll give me some groovy edits to make
> like you did to get my second hard drive working.

redhat used to have a confuguration utility called snd-config.
Hopefully it should be still part of the distribution. Try running it
from a console.

Heres the website if it's not installed.
http://linux.maruhn.com/sec/sndconfig.html

It is a little wierd because the driver seems to be loading and it's
been assigned an IRQ. 'lsmod' will show you for definate wether the
module is loaded. It should be being used by soundcore.