[SLUG] Sound card

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 21:53:10 GMT 2004

>> Last one of the morning. My RH9 won't detect my soundcard correctly.
It's
>> an E-MU, and RH9 thinks it's something from Creative. There's no sound
from it.

> Do an 'lspci' and paste the line(s) that look like your sound card.
>
> Also, does /dev/mixer and /dev/dsp exist?

Before we do that, let me just tell you the response I got from E-MU:

Unfortunately I cannot help you with Linux drivers. We have never  written
any.
All you can do is search the web incase they are posted somewhere.
Apologies for not been able to help.

Makes you feel good all over doesn't it.

OK, the only relevant part of lspci seems to be:

00:0c.0 SCSI storage controller: Advanced System Products, Inc ABP940-U /
ABP960-U (rev 03)

Ummm, dev/mixer and dev/dsp seem to exist as 1 byte orange things in ls
-l. That's not good is it. I'm sure I spotted the mixer thing as not being
installed when I was trying (and failing) to use the package manager
earlier. I'll have a play.

Cheers