[SLUG] Sound card

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 22:36:47 GMT 2004

<snip>

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:22:14 -0500 (EST), john at johnallsopp.co.uk
<john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi y'all again again
>
> Last one of the morning. My RH9 won't detect my soundcard correctly.
It's
> an E-MU, and RH9 thinks it's something from Creative. There's no sound
> from it.
>
> I don't think my book's going to cover this, and I can only see
"soundcard
> detection" in the menu.
>
> Gimme a clue someone :-)

The only reference I can find to that make is using a SoundBlaster
Live! driver. Try that. Is there an option to manually configure your
soundcard?

Jamie

With SoundBlaster Live! cards you get a load of E-MU related stuff and
vice versa so its not a bad guess and will probably work, suck it and
see. Don't forget to turn on your speaker power switch, I sat there for
hours thinking I had gone deaf until I reached under the desk and
flicked the switch -}

Ian