[SLUG] Sound card

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 08:09:29 GMT 2004

> With SoundBlaster Live! cards you get a load of E-MU related stuff and
> vice versa so its not a bad guess and will probably work, suck it and
> see. Don't forget to turn on your speaker power switch, I sat there for
> hours thinking I had gone deaf until I reached under the desk and
> flicked the switch -}

OK, I pulled one side of the stereo jack out of the card, and plugged
headphones in. When I finger the jack plug, I get noises from the speaker,
so that part works.

The noise also has a chance to come through headphones.

All the connections to the card seem solid and it appears well seated.

I tried sndconfig, SoundBlaster Live! and .. not a sausage.