[SLUG] Flash dah daaaaah, leader of this little bit of my office (but probably not even there)

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 08:08:01 GMT 2004

Me again.

OK, so I'm trying to install Flash plugin. There are instructions and
everything. I've read the readme. Fantastic.

So it gets to a stage where it asks for the installation path of my
browser (Mozilla, came with RH9).

It suggests /usr/lib/mozilla

I look around, and yes, there's mozilla-bin in /usr/lib so I enter
/usr/lib/mozilla and it says WARNING, please enter a valid
installation path

/usr/bin doesn't seem to have any subdirectories. ls -d shows . only

/usr/bin is also rejected by the installer

whereis mozilla says
mozilla:

fat lot of good that is.

furthermore, I've looked through man ls and info ls and can't see
where it tells us what colours are used for what type of files. No
wonder our lecturer had forgotten when he gave us our 1 hour linux
lecture. I guess I could google for that, I'm just letting off steam.

So, any ideas re how to proceed with this installation?

Cheers