[SLUG] Flash dah daaaaah, leader of this little bit of my office (but probably not even there)

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 09:39:50 GMT 2004

>>So, any ideas re how to proceed with this installation?
>>
> You could try 'which mozilla'... though I'm not sure if which and
> whereis are synonyms.

They produce different outputs. I did get sensible output from whereis
this time:

/usr/bin/mozilla
/usr/lib/mozilla

The Flash installer accepts neither as directories (which they
aren't), yet it suggests one of them itself.

The installer is supposed to work with RH9 and Moz 1.2+, which is what
I have.

> Alternatively do 'find / -name "mozilla"'.

Yup, groovy, shoulda done that myself. Nothing new tho.

> Or you could right click on your mozilla shortcut and see where it
> points...

Ah. Good one. I haven't an icon, but I've a menu option. It runs:
mozilla %u

Glad we sorted that out :-)

> Or, you could install it to your user profile's plugins directory -
> "$HOME/.mozilla/plugins" or summat similar.

Interesting, I used ls -a to see all those, there's a mozilla one, but
there's no plugins folder under it. I tried
/home/john/.mozilla/plugins and it didn't accept it.

> Or, you could burn all flash website designers at the stake.

Sounds like the only option available.

> Steve (ps, you learned me that '-d' lists just directories when passed
> to ls!)
Payback for your efforts at last then :-)

I've kinda given up on that unless someone has anything wonderful to
say. Next. Java installation. Stand by for action.