[SLUG] Can I assume all my peripherals can be made to work

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 19:57:09 BST 2004

Hi

My graphics card or monitor died today, and given that W98 died too, I'm
erring on the side of taking the plunge into Linux as my day to day
machine. There's no point spending lots of time setting up a W98 machine
is there?

Can I assume that my peripherals can be made to work .. scanner, printer,
new monitor, graphics card, digital camera, CD writer, Zip disc, sound
card, anon.

It doesn't look like any manufacturer says "hey, we have a Linux driver
for this", so is it just assumed that some bright spark will have written
one, or should I be being more choosy?

I'm buying popular things, basically stuff in the PC Pro A list.