[SLUG] IRC-Reminder

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 07:32:34 BST 2004

Hi

A quick (and urgent) question (urgent because, as you can imagine, I wanna
get this up and running)

I have a new flat screen monitor and graphics card, and a machine with no
OS. The idea is to install Red Hat or Fedora, whichever actually works.

The instructions for the graphics card are quite specific and detailed
with a few steps to go through. If non Intel chipset then install a custom
Virtual GART, uninstall old graphics card software, connect it, install
the CATALYST Software Suite. That, of course, is for Windows.

What is my strategy for Linux?

I presume the Virtual GART and CATALYST are non-starters. So do I just
plug it in, install Linux, and it'll work? I'm off to check the web and
the ATI site, but I wanted to get this out first.