[SLUG] IRC-Reminder

Stephen soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 07:52:51 BST 2004

>I presume the Virtual GART and CATALYST are non-starters. So do I just
>plug it in, install Linux, and it'll work? I'm off to check the web and
>the ATI site, but I wanted to get this out first.

As it is an ATI card the software rendering that Fedora uses (Mesa) will
be fine for 2d stuff... I've installed the ATI 3d drivers for Fedora,
but that can come many moons after you've installed linux itself.

If using FC2 then this is how you install the drivers later on...
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#radeon

Steve