[SLUG] Fedora Core 2 and X

Stephen soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 23:20:04 BST 2004

>> If anyone knows how on earth I can get my logitech optical scroll
>> wheel mouse's scroll wheel to work then I'll be impressed btw!
>>
> Try adding
>
>  Option      "ZAxismapping" "4 5"
>
> to your to your mouse' InputDevice section

That worked a treat thank you Gavin.

I now have an auto-mounting ntfs partition setup in my fstab... just
need to suss out why my 2nd ntfs isn't mounting, but I think that I know
why.

A friend (hi Dave) showed me how to stop KDE from making a noise
everytime I do anything... which was nice.

Things are looking pretty good now... have a few more 'tweaks' to go,
but google has sworn its allegiance to my crusade.

Oh, and the whole thing that prompted me to install linux (the limt XP
SP2 puts on outbound TCP connections) is not a problem now in FC2 - so I
am pleased on 2 counts, - 1) I am using linux and am 90% satisfied and
2) the exercise wasn't a complete waste of time by way of a misdiagnosis.

Anyways, enough mumblings.

Steve