[SLUG] new website feedback

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Tue Sep 14 16:41:42 BST 2004

Hi John,

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>The 'liquid' thing .. did you know what Gavin meant? Yes, it's a point,
>but if you have a site that a full page width, you're going to have to put
>something to the sides of the text or your line length will be too long to
>read. For its purpose, I'd say it's fine.

I didn't mean a full page width, perhaps just a max-width:800 instead of
a fixed width:600.
The side nav bar could use a relative width. It''s a nice trade off
between the fixed width is evil Vs the fullpage width is evil thing :)

I do agree that it's fine though.

>RSS is a thought. I'm only just reading about RSS tbh, and one of the
>things I've been reading about is RSSing website changes. I'd expect you
>have an audience that might appreciate something like that more than most.

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

Regards,
Gav