[SLUG] Usefull app. 'units'

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Mon Sep 27 16:08:32 BST 2004

Hi folks,

software we find useful.  I've just stumbled across 'units' which allows
you to convert units of measurement.  So if you want to know what 28Kg
is in English (for us older types :) ) you just type;

$ units '28 kg' 'pound'

Which will tell that 28 Kg is equivalent to 61.729433 pounds.

More than that though, it has 1991 types of units (in the version I
have) of every description you can imagine.

So with this you'll be able to answer your wife/girlfriend/significant
other when they ask "this recipe asks for 3 cups and 9 US floz and my
scales only work in metric", you'll be able to convert them!  You'll be able to work out how long it take light to get to the pub from your house and all sorts of other fascinating facts! :)

Me, I'm stunned to discover that my weight converts to  6.7756471 slugs.
I can only assume the person who created the measurement slug doesn't
bother to grow lettuce!

So if units can't be found on your distros disks, point your browser to;
http://freshmeat.net/projects/units/

Have fun!

Al Girling
Linux User: #290080            <http://counter.li.org>