[SLUG] Meeting Arrangements

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 23:10:37 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of
john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sent: 04 April 2005 14:46
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Meeting Arrangements

> I guess that's me for meeting arranger then.

Since that hasn't caused an uprising, let me ask a question.

I plan to set a bunch of dates. Do we prefer everything to be the
same, eg. every second Tuesday as it was, or would people like the day
to be varied? I'm thinking maybe some of you might be, for instance,
line dancing, every Tuesday, and locking it into one night might mean
you can never come.

Your votes please :-)

Oh, I have another issue too. My own view about Scalby School is that,
it was a great idea, but in our hearts, no-one really wants to go
there of an evening, but everyone's being too polite to say so. My
evidence is that people are voting with their feet (ie. no-one turned
up to the last meeting). I'm inclined to book a series of Cricketers
meetings. If we come up with a great topic for a talk and everyone
thinks the school's the perfect venue, we can always change the
schedule.

Any views on that?

Probably the most flexible idea would be to lock the venue and make the
dates flexible, so you know what to wear (thermals for the cricketers)
and you can then arrange it around your cottaging and frottaging nights
at the local WI.

Just a thought

Ian