[SLUG] Curious about F&B

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 18:16:28 BST 2005

Hi y'all

When you go to the (bloody awful) Farrow and Ball website
<http://www.farrow-ball.com>, put something in your basket, and go to
the checkout, when it asks you for your credit card details, the
padlock icon doesn't come up.

Previously I've written to the MD to pose the possibility that the
payment details aren't secure, but he assures me they are.

I'm not asking for a penetration test or anything illegal, but I was
just curious what the views of the panel are. I've a feeling there are
people in the group who are interested in security issues.

On the one hand, it can be as secure as the crown jewels but if you
don't see the icon, I don't imagine many people would trust it. What
system might they be using that doesn't light up the padlock icon? Or
am I wrong, does no-one bother about the padlock icon?