[SLUG] DigitalScarborough 2005

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 11:05:21 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Chris More
Sent: 08 April 2005 11:54
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] DigitalScarborough 2005

On Wednesday 06 Apr 2005 10:00 pm, mike drawneek wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here is a chance to show Scarborough what SLUG is all about!
>
> We have the opportunity to 'fill' a 'display booth' with items that
will
> inform the town about Foss is all about.
>
> Its going to be at the Spa for two days, Fri 13th and Sat 14th May of
this
> year.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions of 'wow' type of things to show off,
such
as
> Gav's looking glass interface, plus anything else?
>
> Do we have any reasonable games to demo?
> Is anybody running openOffice 2?
> How many different distro's can we show (at the same time)?
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Mike

Sorry... I've obviously been living in a cardboard box for too long...

What is Foss ?  and where might I find some information on this event ?

Chris.

--

FOSS is
Free and Open Source Software

As for information, who knows but you can try the FAST group website(s)

http://www.scarboroughfast.org.uk/
http://www.scarboroughtownteam.org.uk/index.cfm?pageid=68&parent=1&level
=0

Ian