[SLUG] Hello

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 16:29:13 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Madeleine
Parkyn
Sent: 30 March 2005 18:48
To: scarborough at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [SLUG] Hello

Hello

This is Madeleine, I came to the patents meeting a few weeks back.

Just thought that I should let you all know that I've joined the list
and am now lurking. I found the meeting very inspiring and useful. It
has set me off on seriously exploring Linux. I'm hoping to transfer in
the next few months, but as my work is largely design based I'll take in
cautiously. Alarmingly, I keep reading that designers should steer clear
of Linux.

Thanks to you all for running a local group.

Best wishes

Madeleine

Overall Linux provides an excellent development environment from which
designers have an ideal playground from which to test new ideas and
strengthen existing ones.

I am lazy when it comes to installing Linux so I recommend Mandrake 9x
as within half an hour you have everything set up and ready to go.

Ian

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.