[SLUG] Digital Scarborough

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 13:31:47 BST 2005

I've another idea.

How about we keep some paper and a pen on the stand and we note down
every relevant punter query. We can tot up the "so what is Linux"s
versus the "I've got a Heebyjeeby 3000 running on the UnaPalomaBlanca
distro and I can't print a sodding thing"s and create a real-life FAQ
for the website. Those who staff the stand can maintain the list, edit
the answers already written, and by the end of the couple of days
we'll have ten ripped and crumpled bits of paper that look like
Pollock originals but which, if we squint, we (that's you, Steve)
could turn into a polished democratic question answering scenario.

Hint. I hate false FAQs. You know the ones "why can't I have it in
pink? Well, surprisingly enough we recently brought out our new
coloursULike service and we'll match any surprisingly coloured
vegetable you bring in before the end of April, for just an additional
£50".

A real FAQ would, on the other hand, be good for all the reasons FAQs
are good *

* which I think is something to do with being able to send a picture
over a telephone line, but I may be wrong

PS. Did anyone understand wtf I was talking about here or did I
introduce just that little too much flotsam?

PPS. or is it jetsom?