[SLUG] How do I tell if Linux supports my intended graphics card?

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 11:23:31 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>So. How do I tell whether this card has a fully supportive Linux
>driver or not?

Just looked at the link model and it's an ATI chipset - X800 no less,
wow, do you really need all that 3D umph?

Anyway, as far as I know the ATI drivers will be fine for you. You may
have a bit of fun compiling them, or you may be fortunate and find an
RPM depending on what os you're putting on your machine?

Steve