[SLUG] How do I tell if Linux supports my intended graphics card?

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 17:20:21 BST 2005

>>I have a NVidia GeForce FX 5200 (on Mandrake 9.2)
>>Ian
>>
> I can confirm that NVidia GeForce FX 5200 works well on Fedora Cores 2
> and 3.
> Martin

I've just reviewed all the advice (above and from Steve), thanks
y'all, and yes, OK, you're right, the nVidia thing seems a better bet.

There's a Gigabyte GV-NX62T C256D reviewed in the PC Pro piece. It has
a heatsink not a fan (I'm building a silent PC, so that's good), and
it's £36 (which is £144 cheaper than the other one I was looking at).
It's got nVidia GeForce 6200TC at its heart, and the website looks
very Linux friendly.

Regarding video-in, truth is I'd probably use Firewire anyway as
that's digital.

So that's kinda that then.

Thanks for all your help.