[SLUG] Secure ncFTP replacement

Al Girling al at acgirling.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 12:38:02 BST 2005

Hi folks,

For a long time now I've been using ncFTP as my ftp client.  It has many
features I like and is simple to use.  However, it's no more secure than
ordinary ftp which is obviously a problem.

I've tried sftp (part of the ssh package) which is as secure as ssh, but
it's 'orrible compared to ncFTP.  I believe scp is another alternative
but again it's part of ssh so I'll assume it's similar to use as sftp.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a secure ncFTP
replacement?

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>