[SLUG] Secure ncFTP replacement

Al Girling al at acgirling.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 13:11:02 BST 2005

Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Al Girling wrote:
>
> >I've tried sftp (part of the ssh package) which is as secure as ssh, but
> >it's 'orrible compared to ncFTP.  I believe scp is another alternative
> >but again it's part of ssh so I'll assume it's similar to use as sftp.
> >
> What don't you like about sftp? - the protocol or the interface you're
> using?

The interface, apart from knowing it's secure I don't really care how it
makes it secure.

With ncFTP I'm used to bookmarks, tab completion and a command history
similar to bashes etc.

Maybe these things are available with sftp and I've simply not turned
them on, but I could see nothing on the web page nor in the man page.

Please let in on the secret if you know. ;)

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>