[SLUG] date of January meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 15:35:28 GMT 2005

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> Well, the rule is it's the 3rd unless the venue is unavailable,
> I wasn't sure how many people would be in the mood with it being the
> first day back at work after the holiday... though I'm good at
> speaking
> for myself ;)

I know, sorry if my response was short.

My opinion is, though, that you set a system and stick by it, and then
everyone can plan what they are doing. I know Martin, you didn't mean
all this, but to my mind there are, in principle, others who will have
planned around the date we have and to swap the date out of
convenience for one member would inconvenience others, so I opted for
staying with the system and then everyone knows what's happening.

I know I'm being intransigent, sorry about that, can't help myself.
All very digital, but then, we're all geeks together :-)

Actually, on the soft-side, I wonder whether first day back from
holiday might be a good thing.