[SLUG] geeks --> entrepreneurs

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 15:03:35 GMT 2005

Hi

Just one point about John's commercial ideas.  Which is that what people want
isn't always what we want to sell.  For example, in education, OpenOffice
free means OpenOffice in every home (nearly).  There is already a market for
lessons written in PowerPoint, which Impress will probably take over.  But
the lessons come with worksheets, and you write the worksheets using forms
software, so the Xforms part of OpenOffice is likely to be crucial.

I suspect there are parallels for Xforms use in other areas. I have come
across reference to Xforms as part of the OpenDocument vs MS for the disabled
argument, see: http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=2230  .

So while the family settles down to mindless Xmas violence on Eastenders, a
seasonal task could be mastery of Xforms?

Bob