[SLUG] Nicely done display

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 21:02:56 GMT 2005

> Richard wrote: SLUGs display in the library shows dedication.
> I imagine it would attract young technical students most.
> I dont know how many of them will find their way to that part of the
> library
> ( the non-electronic part ). But then you suspected that yourselves.

Thanks. Actually the position in the library was set by the library
staff, and then they seem to regularly park their trolleys in front of
it which doesn't seem particularly satisfactory.

I might be being ignorant, but I don't think I know you Richard .. did
you discover us through the library display or have you been a member
a while?

> I was going to take a free CD, probably including instructions to tell
> me how
> to use the couple of programs on it Ive got, when I saw it was for
> Windows users.

Actually, I've no idea what's on that CD. Is that true ppl? Is that CD
open source software for Windows users?

I will be dropping off some Ubuntu install discs probably tomorrow
lunchtime if that's any use.