[SLUG] Gimp for wimps on-line intro, please?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sat Dec 10 18:55:44 GMT 2005

On Sunday 04 Dec 2005 20:35, Jamie Adams wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 05:52:40PM +0000, Richard Lung wrote:
> > If I come across a Photoshop for Dummies book, I'll look for any clue how
> > the Gimp does "Save as". I am that clueless.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I found a book that you may find helpful.
>
> http://gug.sunsite.dk/docs/Grokking-the-GIMP-v1.0/Grokking_the_GIMP.html
>
> It's a little old and based on version 1.3, but much of it is still
> relevant.
>
> As it happens, Al wrote us a review of this book some time ago:
>
> http://scarborough.lug.org.uk/doc-grokgimp.shtml
>
> Have fun..

Jamie,

This book looks just the thing. And if I have problems with up-dates I can
consult the other site your previous e-mail referenced, because that mentions
about changes to the new Gimp.

Dont laugh, the up-load faded out, after a couple of hours, and all was lost.
I'll take a CD to the library's broad-band connection.

Many thanks,
from Richard.