[SLUG] hello

arden arden at nildram.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 13:56:57 GMT 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:16:14 +0000
Stephen O'Neill <soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> arden wrote:
> > Im new to your list have been with the york lug for about 3 years
>
> Greetings,
>
> What's your linux status? - do you have it installed? If so where would
> you place yourself on the novice to guru line?
>
> If you're ever of a mind to come to one of our meetings then feel free,
> we presently meet monthly in a pub - the next one's on the 3rd January
> and I intend on bringing mince pies seeing as Al did us all so proud
> with chocolate cake this time around!
>
> Steve O

My Linux Status is somewhere in the mid range been using it as my sole os for over two/three years
tend to use a combination of mandrake as a desktop my laptop been old now 700MHz and only 128meg ram
runs vector

the only machine on my home network running windoze is my works laptop its a standard build and ibm would not be happy if I played with the partitions

Ive a play machine with bds installed but thats as far as it gets im affraid and two low-end machines for distro testing

one sort of project ive been doing is seeing how much I can do without X ie cd-burning ripping video web e-mail and the like

what worries me about using a distro like mandarake is that having nice gui tools get you lazy thats why the I want to study the lpi and skin the beast

my job is hardware support of ibm servers most of the time P+i series but also x and z if that makes it clearer?

Arden