[SLUG] Re: ubuntu query

Michael John Drawneek mike at drawneek.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 26 13:40:27 GMT 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 16:18, john baldwin wrote:
> thanks for the response john i run my old system on win.ME and for my new
> system didn't want to use windows at all, so bought Linspire cd and SUSE 10
> which is on 5 cd's

"Choose the Version You Want

    * SUSE Linux 10.0 (32-bit version) is available on 5 CD ISO images or on a
single DVD ISO image.
    * SUSE Linux 10.0 (64-bit version) is available on 1 DVD ISO image only."

Quote from the Novell site!  Have you got the correct suse10 version?

See
"http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/suse_linux/instructions_eval.html"

> and ubuntu is a live cd. after trying to install ubuntu
> i tried to use linspire which just did nothing so tried to boot up again
> with ME floppy but the ubuntu stayed were it was and didn't allow a windows
> reboot from floppy or cd, it looks as though i may have to remove the
> battery from the motherboard to clear bios so i can start afresh.

Have you attempted to edit the bios the normal way at switch on??