[SLUG] SUSE 9.2 Pro

Paul Teasdale pdt at rcsuk.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 08:29:33 GMT 2005

Gavin Baker wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 12:51 +0000, Paul Teasdale wrote:
 >
>>Just for anyone interested the FTP version of SUSE 9.2 Pro is now
>>available.
 >
> Is it free Paul, or just an "Eval" version? I know the NLD9 version I
> downloaded (3 cd's) needed an evaluation key to work.. or to be able to
> update packages or something.
>
> I'll grab that DVD if anyone wants it by the way. Just gimmi an email.

Hi Gav,

Distro watch (www.distrowatch.com) seems to imply that it's the full
download version because it says "and for the first time....". Look at
the very last news item on the front page (if it's still there today).
The nearest mirror I can find with an image of the DVD on it it Ireland
where it's split into two parts:

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/92-iso-split/

I would not mind a copy of the DVD if you are going to download it Gav.
I could do this myself BTW but there's no point us both doing it. I will
happily replace your DVD-R with a blank and buy you a drink too at the
next meet.

There will definately be no support with this version and it may not be
able to access the online updates; I don't know.

Cheers,

Paul.

BTW Happy New Year to you and all the other LUG members also.