[SLUG] March software patents meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 20:55:33 GMT 2005

Hi everyone

I met with Farrell today, she's doing some good preparation and I
think it'll be a good presentation and discussion.

One thing I think she'd appreciate, though, is us being organised
enough to settle on a date fairly early on. Last year we had a whole
set of dates .. Chris where are ya?

May I suggest the 8th March. Would the person who does please book the
Cricketers and confirm back here so I can confirm with her.

Knowing the date should allow whatever pre-publicity is deemed
appropriate. Publicity means bodies means warmth. If we get enough,
perhaps the landlord will turn the heating on.

Finally, I'm not sure if I really got the essence of this, but she
asked whether any members of the group write application software in
their own right (as opposed to for their employer). If you do, gizza
quick description.

I think that's it.

Cheers

PS. If this seems strangely familiar, it's because I tried sending
something like this just five minutes ago and I think I failed and
lost it, so this is my second attempt. Can't even blame Bill anymore.