[SLUG] BBS Documentary

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 14:36:51 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>>>I may ask at the business centre. They may have a big screen and
>>>sound system.
>>>

>>A laptop (with DVD, RGB out, and 2.5mm 'phones socket - mine's MS,
>>shall
>>I wash my mouth out with soap?), (or desktop minus the screen) +
>>digital
>>projector + reasonable dynamic speakers + screen would do it.  I've
>>used
>>this config for showing full-length feature films.  I can bring all
>>but
>>screen to the Oct meeting, if that would be of any help.
>>Martin
>>

>You mean, just the square of white to project the image on? I'm sure
>we could rustle up one of those if you're willing to provide all the
>rest.
>
>Jamie, what do you think about taking on responsibility for deciding
>what to show and fitting it into an hour or so? It would mean you
>actually turning up and pushing play/stop/fast forward every now and
>then.

Yes, just the square of white to project the image on.  What about
black-out/curtains (mine-ju, it may be getting dark by then in October,
anyway, so just turning out a few lights would do)?  Is there even a bit
of white wall that would act as screen?
I'll bring all the other stuff, but would very much appreciate a
reminder a couple of weeks before, as London is a long way to go back
for anything I've forgotten.
Martin